Sat, 10 Dec|
134 Dunford Rd West
End of Year Contemplative Soma/Art Workshop
Come and spend a few hours in nature unfurling yourselves in mindful movement and capturing sensory impressions through your art. There will be time to share a refreshing ice tea and a BYO picnic post workshop in the gardens.
Time & Location
10 Dec 2022, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
134 Dunford Rd West, Grahams Creek QLD 4650, Australia
About the event
This workshop is an opportunity to be in nature and refresh yourself through gentle movement. The movement sequence will set you up to notice more of what appears to you through your senses and expressing this in the art form of your choice.
We will spend the morning doing:
- gentle self acupressure
- a slow moving Feldenkrais mindful movement sequence
- contemplative photography or art form of your choice
- enjoy a refreshing ice tea
- linger a while in the gardens with a BYO picnic
The space is under cover and a toilet is available.
What to Bring?
- a mat to lie down on (thick for comfort) or a sturdy flat stool if sitting is your comfy position
- a couple of towels for head support
- your phone if you'd like to try contemplative photograhphy
- your art materials (something portable) if you'd prefer to create with familiar materials
What to Wear?
- loose fitting, comfortable clothes to move around in
Do I Need Experience?
This workshop is intended to support appreciation and comfort in your body and inspiration from the natural world. You don't need to be an artist or fit and flexible or even have practices for these. Come as you are!
You DO NEED to be able to get down on the floor or sit on a sturdy flat stool.
The morning will be a very gentle and slow process of dippiing into your senses to enjoy the end of the year.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
- Ticket type
End of Year Soma/Art WorkshopPriceFrom $40.00 to $50.00Sale ended
+$1.25 service fee+$1.25 service fee
+$1.00 service fee+$1.00 service fee